Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT /Interesting amusing statistic
Doctors vs Gun owners: Doctors : (A) The number of physicians in the U.S.. is 700,000. (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000. (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171....

Ademco Vista 20 - fast short beeping
My system is doing a fast short beep at different times (usually seems to be middle of the night). It doesn't stop until I enter the code. I see it flashes BAT, but no zone. I think it might be the...

FS: Fire Alarm Inventory
That's all?

Newbie questions on alarms
Hi! I am interested in installing a home alarm system, but like anybody, I am uncertain on which company to go with and what to get. Many web sites I've seen seem a little shady, and the company web...

DSL filter
Does my Ademco Vista 20P need a DSL filter or does it have one built-in? The reason for my question is that my ISP is cable and they want to almost triple the monthy charge. I may have to switch to...

bassburglaralarms.com Rated R by BBB
Beware: F by BBB. you have been warned!!! do not make same mistake others have made!

Fre security and safety quiz
Are you familiar with the steps you need to take to keep your home and family safe? Take our free quiz and find out. In less than 5 minutes it could help you identify weak areas in your safety plan.

WTB: Notifier AFP-100
Does anyone have a new or used Notifier AFP-100 for sale? Customer suffered a voltage surge. Thank you Jim Rojas

Install Manual Search
Hi all, I am searching for a install manual for a Silent Knight 4720 and/or 4724 panel. Anyone have one or know where I can find one. Either in hard copy form or digital, flexible. Thanks in advance....

Oh well...
oks like the "all clear" signal was wrong. =A0The cancer came back with a v= engeance. =A0The prognosis is pretty grim. azil one last time. =A0According to the doctor I should make it to next spr=...

Motion detector programming
I programmed my pirs as interior follower and they tended to activate the alarm instantly whenever they saw motion. Now I changed them to interior/delay and they give me a chance! Is this OK? I would...

Looking for good quality DVR computer capture card
Looking for good quality computer DVR capture card with these features: Multi-level password access...make only certain cameras visible on monitor or search by password. 4 to 8 inputs + Software...

OT - Bumper Stickers
EARTH FIRST! We'll strip mine the other planets later. Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies. The gene pool could use a little chlorine. Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a...

OT - Church Bulletins
From an old "Dear Abby" article I found while cleaning out my desk: Most people don't realize how much editing goes into producing a church bulletin or newsletter. Some announcements have to be...

SIM card cellular alarm dialer.
SIM card cellular alarm dialer. was thinking about getting one of these for a remote cabin with an alarm system, but I am not sure where to find a SIM card to go in it. At first I thought maybe just...