Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cameras/security
We have a real problem down here in North Florida (Holmes Country and surrounding area). According to some locals with connections to the police, the federals have sent a bunch of 'drug warriors' down...

can you program a D2071A dialer with a keypad
is the Radionics D2071A one of the dialers you can program witha keypad or do you have to have the handheld prgrammer.

BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF
NEW YORK (Fortune) -- Not quite rich enough and not quite smart enough, a certain investing class has for years paid through the nose for what was thought to be world-class money management by...

Probable Scam - How?
I am a manufacturer's rep in the security industry (turnstile products) and received a very generic email quote request for one of our products. I replied with some questions and he called with a very...

honeywell updating 5192Sd V Plex smokes
Just got a letter from Honeywell they are discontinuing the 5192SD and SDT and bringing out a new 5193SD and SDT which sounds like they are going to be using the System Sensor I3 technology. Good move...

Brinks Uses Unlicensed Employees
Check to see if the Company Brinks/the Salesman and the Installer were licensed with the state You should check with the state to see if any of these people were licensed. Everyone associated wit the...

Brink's Home Security to go away by 2012
RICHMOND, Va.--Brink's Home Security is going to have to find a new name by 2012. Industry watchers were taken by surprise by the news, included in a lengthy May 30 SEC filing, that Brink's Home...

Wireless Trouble 7 "Burn in" on DSC 1555 panel
Something I found out recently might help out if you experience a problem eliminating a trouble 7 (wireless problem). It seems, if you have a wireless receiver and at least one wireless point of entry...

Batteries
Tested a fire alarm system and it had batteries in it with a date of 1997. They still tested good with a Elk battery tester that tests for Mhos. These were 6.2 Ah batteries and read 123 Mhos. They...

CRC calculation for PC LINK SIA DC-09-2007 & DC-07-2001
Hello, I am testing an Internet Alarm Transmitter conforming to SIA DC-09-2007 standard. I need info about CRC calculation of the packets sent to the Central Station Receiver, as per SIA DC-07-2001...

Smart Water
Sounds like fantasy fiction to me.

I So Hate Stupid People
Pro: The Keypad would go best here because you can see it and its convenient to get to. L'l'ol'lady: No I want it down there below everything. Pro: ... Are you sure? L'ol: Yes. Absolutely. ... L'ol:...

How to choose an Electrician
The most important rule is to find one that understands the difference between 240VAC and 110VAC. I just got a call from a customer who informs me that the "cheap" electrician they hired to do some...

Comfortable home business
You want to organize their own business? Would you like to do so with minimum investment? You need a source of passive (residual) income? Can you or ready to learn to build their business through the...

Galaxy SMS
Anyone else realised that the SMS Paging number for Galaxy is constantly engaged! Thats the 07958879889 number. Apparently TMobile own it and are stopping it for some reason. Anyway, main reason is I...