Wiring a Cap to a M3724

I just bought a new CAP for my M3724 phone. It came with a 6 pin connector. I hooked the cap to the wall jack (also 6 conductor wire) and then the M3724 to the Cap. I see where it says 24V 0.25A on the Jack port of the CAP but what do they expect me to do now? There is no other location to have a separate power line comming in. Wouldnt there be some sort of simple connection? I have read these archives but surely I would think there is a simple solution without having to rewire all the pins in my jack.

My Cap does not light up when connected. Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
gtslabs
Loading thread data ...

You need a SAPS Power Supply

If you are installing central answering positions (CAP) that require system auxiliary power supplies (SAPS), install the four-wire cable that comes with the SAP for each instance this is required.

SAPS Part Number NT6B60CA

Using a single pair of wires for each telephone, connect each of the telephones according to the wiring charts. Note: If you are installing CAPs with SAPS, the SAPS connects to the second pair of wires in the four-wire pair provisioned for each CAP that requires SAPS support.

Reply to
bdalida

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.