Why does DSCH in LD 60 keep re-enabling?

I have a requirement to disable a number of individual D-channels in our Meridian system. This unit is an isolated system that we are using to simulate a CO for our VOIP development. If i go into LD 60 and use the DSCH command to disable channels 6-30 they then appear as "CH 06 - DSBL TIE VOD *" using STAT.

However this does not seem to last for any length of time, and usually by the next morning they will be back the IDLE state.

I need to be able to disable the channels and they stay disabled until i explicitly re-enable them again. I'd rather not have to OUT them as i'm not entirely sure that I know how to re-create them.

An alternative solution would be to change the hunting mode of the Meridian so that it hunts for a free timeslot from channel 1 upwards rather than from channel 30 downwards. I've searched the docs and can only find a way of switching to a round-robin mode instead, which is no better for us than the current top-down mode.

Thanks Ian

Reply to
Ian
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like they are getting re-enabled during midnights. See the NTPs, but this is probably the applicable command in LD 60.

ATLP (0), 1 Disable (default) or enable midnight auto loop test

NTP: 553-3001-517

Reply to
randya

thanks for the info

I ended up removing LD 60 from the DROL configuration. This has stopped the channels being re-enabled each day. The channels still seem to get re-enabled if the E1 cable to the PRI card is removed and then reconnected, however we can live with this for now.

Don't suppose anyone knows if the way the Meridian hunts for a free timeslot can be changed from channel 30 downwards to channel 1 upwards?

Reply to
Ian

"Ian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

I think there are to method: Round robin and linear

Reply to
Hans Müller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.