vrrp failover not working correctly alteon ad3

This is my first Alteon configuration, so I'm a newb to all of this.

Problem:

When failover Alteon(ad3) becomes master of virtual IPs (VSR IPs and VR IP), web requests are not able to route back to the web client.

The Alteon shows the session with the correct ips. The web request is sent to the virtual server IP. The real web server receives the web requests from the Alteon. The server is still able to access the internet. The Server receives the SYN transmissions, but SYN-ACK transmissions do not trasmit back through the LB to the client. VR MAC addresses are associated with all VR IPs. ARP tables in the firewall and server reflect correct MAC addresses.

Config:

2 Alteons (ad3) 1 web server (for testing) Primary alteon has 192.168.0.20 assigned to a physical interface and enabled as a VR IP. Secondary alteon uses 192.168.0.20 as a VR IP. Server default gateway points to 192.168.0.20

Current physical layout:

|firewall| |firewall| | | | | \\ / \\ / \\ / |switch| | | | | / \\ / \\ |alteon| |alteon| | | | | \\ / |switch| | | | |server|

It feels like I'm missing something simple. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
delusion39
Loading thread data ...

You can try to create a VIR which's IP address is not the physical IP address of any Alteon. This will help you solve this issue probably.

delusi> This is my first Alteon configuration, so I'm a newb to all of this. >

Reply to
Dophi

No luck. Same issue. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Shaun

D> You can try to create a VIR which's IP address is not the physical IP

Reply to
delusion39

Are the Virtual MACS identical on both sides of the Alteons? If yes, then are the switches in your diagram actually one switch with multiple VLANS? Some switches don't support multiple bridge forward tables, and duplicate MACS on separate VLANS becomes a problem.

Reply to
mlsnospam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.