VPN configuration trouble on Nortel Contivity 1010

Bear with me, as I'm new to the Nortel and its configuration. Essentially, a location has a Nortel Contivity 1010 that is set up with the branch office connection to another site, this connection works fine.

I have set up the Nortel with the ability to be a VPN server, which works okay, users can log in, get an IP address, and access everything on the local network without issue.

However, traffic does not pass to the branch office tunnel. If i run a traceroute, the first hop is different, and not on the local network, and then it times out. External users can, however, browse the internet through the far site. I can also use terminal services to get into another workstation and then browse across the branch office tunnel with no problems.

An issue may be that VPN users receive an address on a different subnet (the default 192.168.1 subnet) because when i attempted to modify this to the local subnet, the nortel VPN server quit giving out addresses to VPN users. A different problem, but fixing this may solve the problem above.

Obviously a configuration problem on my end, but i don't know enough about the nortels to fix it quickly and days on their knowledgebase site has not resulted in anything useful on this problem. There are instructions for pushing all traffic through the branch office tunnel, but there is no internet access through that site and it would drop everyone off the internet.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
wcannon
Loading thread data ...

Hi. You need to enable "Allow end user to branch office" in the "System"->"Forwarding" menu on the 1010. And of course you need to have routing for your clients IP-range through the branch office tunnel.

Regards Morten Rydahl Nielsen

Reply to
Morten Rydahl Nielsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.