Voip - can only hear from the remote side

WE are having an option 11 PBX system..the PBX can handel analog , digital and IP phone set... recently we set up an VPN connection and put some IP phone over there.....the IP set is getting registered to the ITG card but the problem is that i can only here from the remote loaction but the person in the remote loctaion can not hear and thing......what could be the problem and how can it be resolved........please if any 1 have the solution it would be of a great help.....thank you.........

Brijith.K.K

Reply to
brijith
Loading thread data ...

Perhaps the firewall is blocking the transmission to the remote site?

formatting link
- Nortel User Group

Reply to
CaptainReboot

Your problem could have many causes, to many to list.

1st I'd start looking at your network. Has any one done an analysis of your LAN? Is it running QOS protocols for VoIP?

How about the firewall, is it passing the ports for signaling and speech.

Next check your bandwidth utilization. What compression method are you using. G729AB is preferable.

Please check with Nortel or your Nortel authorized vender for the LAN recommendations from Nortel for VoIP.

Reply to
XBarNone

Any NATing involved?

Reply to
Pierre

Reply to
Michael Andrews

had same problem. my problem was down to g729 and different payload sizes.

Reply to
gopher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.