Voice Network Real Time Monitoring

I have been given the task to find a Voice Network Performance Monitoring Tool. We have 28 Meridian PBXs deployed through out our enterprise of various sizes (Option 11, 61, 51, 81) and for 12 of them we have vendor provided traffic pulled daily. This gives us a historical view of the network which is fine for trending but we are looking for a tool that will give us a more "real time" view that would let us proactively adapt to changing network volumes or issues instead of reacting to them after customer complaints.

One tool that I have found is called PRILink. It monitors D channel messaging and provides a real time and historical (400 days) view, as well as allowing for alarming to be setup. We have used it to trace dropped calls and determine if the agent or customer hung up/disconnected or something else. The problem with it is that it is not cost effective and as one unit only monitors up to 4 D Channels we would need quite a few of them.

Aside from that we are also looking at Optivity Telephony Manager. It looks like it will do what we are looking for, in terms of alerting us to problems as they happen so we can react before receiving a customer complaint. But, I'm wondering if anyone has seen any other tools that will provide us with this "real time" view of the voice network that we are looking for. Any suggestions are welcome.

Reply to
jaybird260
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jaybird260, I dont know with wich tool you work for the vendor provided traffic information. If its the traffic module in MAT, you wil be disapointed with the traffic option in OTM. Its exactly the same software with the "old"win3.11 looks. If you dont have any trafficmodule know in MAT or you dont have MAT. Then the traffic module in OTM can give you more information. You can also use the Billingsoftware in OTM to get more information about the use of trunks etc. For more information for OTM go to

formatting link

You can also go to

formatting link
and look what ringmaster can do. Ringmaster provides billinginformation, QOS information for ip-trunks and also loadreports etc.. On this site is it possible to look at some reports on the webpages or download an ofline demo.

Hope you can use it,

Pennyman

"jaybird260" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Pennyman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.