Uploading BCM 3.7 patches through a firewall

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what ports you need to allow through in order to upload patches to a Nortel BCM 3.7 system?

I have a system (BCM400 v3.7) that I can access remotely (firewall is open for ports 443, 135, and 54050-54100). However, I can't upload any patches to it. I suspect this is because the "BCM Update Wizard" is using a TCP/IP port that is still blocked by their firewall.

Any ideas?

Raja Ewart Future Master of All Things Currently Difficult

Reply to
raja
Loading thread data ...

It likely uses ftp to transfer files to the BCM. I would try to do the patch from a macine at the same site as the BCM via RDP or VNC, etc.

Reply to
bjsvec

What error are you getting, I have never had a problem upgrading remotely?

I have gotten time outs and what I did was to ping continually while doing the the upgrade until it starts.

Reply to
acewarlock

I don't get an error - it just gets stuck on "Configuring FTP server on BCM..." I have configured the firewall to allow FTP through to the BCM, but no joy. I suspect that the BCM Update Wizard sets up BCM for the upgrade first, just the same as with a v4.0 system or a BCM50 (you tell the BCM it is going to be upgraded first, and then you upload the file via FTP).

I know that doing it onsite is far easier, but getting onsite for this BCM is difficult, and certainly doing it regularly to upload the patches as they come out is not really an option :-( As far as continually pinging it, the firewall blocks all pings.

Has anyone tried using a packet sniffer?

Reply to
Future Guru

If you can't Ping it , you can't upgrade it.

Reply to
acewarlock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.