Transparent Failover support with Nortel Alteon Load balancers??

I am currently checking the usage of Nortel Load balancer:'Nortel Alteon' 2208/3408.

I would like to know whether these load balancers provide the support for Transparent Failover.

Assume there are 2 Alteon servers configured in Active/Hot Standby redundancy mode. A client has setup a session with the active Alteon server. What happens to the session, connection, when this Alteon server fails? Will the Failover to the other Alteon server, be transparent to the Client? How does it work? Is 'VRRP Active-Standby Virtual Server Router (VSR)' feature used for this purpose?

Can anybody give some details on it?

Reply to
qazmlp1209
Loading thread data ...

on version 23.0 you can syncronize session.

use the order /c/slb/virt x/service x/mirror ena

snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jjachniuk

also it only works on vrrp hot-standby mode.

snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jjachniuk

But, is the Failover transparent to the client? How exactly this is taken care? My understanding was that the client should connect to the standby load balancer as soon as the active load balancer fails.

In case if the Failover is transparent, I assume there should be a load balancer agent process running on the Clients, which will mask the load balancer failures and re-establish the TCP connections transparently towards the standby load balancer.

Could you clarify?

Reply to
qazmlp1209

Reply to
jjachniuk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.