Trading floor and IPC with Meridian

I have an application where traders are currently on Meridian sets. Now we are looking at an IPC Turret system for them (everyone else still on the M-1). In the past (about 10 years ago) we would use a line side T-1 to the IPC and leave an M-1 phone on the desk for DID calls to the trader and voice mail. Is this still the way to go? Any insight would be appreciated.

John 807

Reply to
John 807
Loading thread data ...

That's pretty much old school thinking John.

Modern turret systems in use for at least the past 5 years or longer interconnect to the host PBX via Q.SIG PRI trunks completely negating any need for a second instrument on the trader's desk. With full integration even message waiting indicators are activated without need of the old beehive lamps.

We're achieving *full* QSIG integration including callerID name & number, MWI set/clear, call forward busy/no answer reason codes, call diversion, etc.

The upstream PBX is a Mitel 3300ICP running release 6.1 and the turret system is a 350-seat, two-node Etrali Etradeal using Mach-II turrets with ISO Q.SIG over E1-PRI trunking. Full transparancy integration with an Octel/Avaya Overture-250 voice mail system as well. The Mitel PBX serves as the hub for it all, including a Cisco Call Manager, also transparently Q.Sig integrated into the whole she-bang.

ARD broker lines (16 T1s worth) are tied into the Etrali system through a small 64 port DACCS. That's much better than running the T1s in direct because it allows you to groom them channel by channel.

Just my >I have an application where traders are currently on Meridian sets. Now we

Reply to
Mitel Lurker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.