Sticky sessions on Alteon Application Switch 2208

Hi,

We have an Alteon Application Switch 2208, running software Version

21.0.4 and we have a problem with session management. I want any user connecting to our web app. to be allocated a server by almost any algorithm (least used, round robin etc.) and then to stay on that server. At present every single request seems to go to alternate servers, which makes our login asp fail, as the servers are looking for a session variable to be set (we DON'T want to re-write the app, far too much work involved)

Does anyone know how to enable sticky session support on this hardware / software combo? Have we bought the wrong system? (I _really_ hope not!!!)

For info the group is configured thus:

Current real server group 210: name , metric roundrobin, backup none, realthr 0 health tcp, content DSR VIP health: enabled IDS Group: disabled IDS rport: any IDS flood: disabled adv health: real servers: 162: 192.168.211.162, enabled, name , weight 1, timeout 40 mins, maxcon 200000 backup none, inter 2, retry 4, restr 8 remote disabled, proxy enabled, submac disabled cookie assignment server: disabled exclusionary string matching: disabled 163: 192.168.211.163, disabled, name , weight 1, timeout 40 mins, maxcon 200000 backup none, inter 2, retry 4, restr 8 remote disabled, proxy enabled, submac disabled cookie assignment server: disabled exclusionary string matching: disabled real ports: http: vport http virtual server: 210, 192.168.208.210, enabled

Reply to
smotsie
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dophi

Thanks for that, Dophi. It worked using "minmiss". I don't understand why "roundrobin" works this way, but at least the problem is solved.

Reply to
smotsie

Because that is what round robin does. Each TCP session is sent to a different server in turn. It doesn't matter if each session is from the same client.

smotsie wrote:

Reply to
angler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.