Single number dial prefix dials external number

I'm sure there is an official name for this function. My company is merging and I need to setup a way to associate the main number of a remote office with a prefix number on my 11c PBX. So if a user here wants to dial an extension in the remote office, they dial say 7 followed by the extension number of the remote party. The 7 will dial

202.463-1111 wait for an answer and then dial the extension number. Can anyone help me out, thanks........Jeff
Reply to
gonif53
Loading thread data ...

You could set up an ESN (DSC) code with value 7 in LD 87. Never tried this using only single digit but in theory I think it should work, would obviously be better to use a code with more than one digit as using 1 digit code will waste more dn range resources.

Prior to configuring DSC you need to create the following...... DMI Table in LD 86 This table should be set up to remove the 7 prefix from the number and insert 202.463 xxxx where xxxx are the DID digits.

Create RLI table in LD 86 and put your ISDN routes into this. Configure RLI to point at DMI table above.

Then finally configure DSC and reference RLI table above.

This should allow you to call to remote site using 7+internal dn provided that all remote numbers are DDI numbers and will avoid having to dial the ext number at the far end (assuming that calls to

202.463-1111 are terminating into some kind of Meridian Mail Dial Directory).

If not all users are DDI at remotes side then DMI Table should be set up to remove the 7 prefix from the number and insert 202.463 1111.

Hope this helps.

If you need any additional information please let me know.

Reply to
david.byrne.ie

Create DGT in LD86

DMI (you pick) DEL 1 INST 2024631111** (* = 2 second pause) CTYP NCHG

Create RLB in LD86

RLI (you pick) ENTR 0 LTER NO ROUT (your trunk route number) TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON 4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON CNV NO EXP NO FRL (you pick) DMI (from DGT above) FCI 0 FSNI 0 SBOC NRR OHQ NO CBQ NO

Create the "7" steering code in LD87

FEAT CDP TYPE DSC DSC 7 RLI (from above)

Reply to
GHTROUT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.