simple ACD

We want to setup a simple ACD for our IT helpdesk. It would allow people to login to phones to take calls. Callers would hear a recording saying "please wait for a support person" then go to a queue for a minute or two. If no answer then go to a mailbox. We have a Succession 3.0 with Callpilot.

If someone could give me a bullet list for the setup in LD23 and the phones that would be great.

Reply to
payodie
Loading thread data ...

Go to LD 20 and find an unused DN. Go to LD 23 build an ACDN following the prompts in the NTP.

Define a TOFT for a "minute or two" in seconds (60-120 seconds) and target your voicemail ACDN as the Overflow DN. The IT mailbox number will be the ACDN.

You could use a MIRAN card and define the timing for when these recordings will play in the ACDN build at LD 23 (FROA, FRRT, SRRT, etc..) but you'll first need to record your announcements on the card and build a route to get to them.

Now go out your agents and rebuild them with ACD > We want to setup a simple ACD for our IT helpdesk. It would allow people to

Reply to
Bryan Hesters

To make ACD for your first try, you make a test queue and assign a couple phones to it so you can screw around with the settings. First print all ACDs in LD23 - do it twice. Hide one from yourself and use the other to follow along while you create a new one.

Pick three unused DNs - 2 of them should be non-DID. (example DID 4321; NON DID 1201; NON DID 1202 ) then go to LD23, do "NEW" type ACD and the ACDN will be 4321 in our example. Take the default answers (just hit return) for everything it will let you pass by Read the book for prompts that require an answer...just guess - little risk at this point. Think about and experiment with prompts HOML, and as Brian suggested TOFT.

With that done, create two new TNs. Required are KEY 00 ACD 4321

1201,or a slight variation if you have CLID. On the other, do TN KEY 00 ACD 4321 1202. Also = on KEY 1 and 2, add NRD and MSB Three keys that pretty much complete ACD phones. You can probably hit KEY 00 twice and be logged in. Try again If not, print the LD23 SCB and check each prompt. Don't change anything in the SCB until you know more

In LD23 prt the SCB - to look for anything that relates to LOG IN. It'll You might just hit KEY 00 twice or you might hit KEY00, dial code, hit KEY00

For the "all agents are busy" message, MIRAN is a great choice - the other end of the spectrum might be something like

formatting link
I have no idea what it costs, but it looks like its cheaper than MIRAN. One thought - RAN trunks can be really painful to configure/wire. They are a special interface I say don't use it if calls time out to voice mail anyway.

Fact: Microsoft has a live DJ who keeps people informed of wait time in some of their queues. I only know because I was in a queue listening some time age.

Reply to
GHTROUT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.