Scheduling Reports and Auto Running

We are using Symposium Express and we received training over the summer on how to do the basics. They showed us how to do reports and run them. They said that it was possible to set up reports to automatically run and either print or save to a folder.

I have tried setting up two separate reports to run automatically with one printing at a specified date and the other saving to the file. Neither one works... Help!

I found documentation on the Nortel Networks web site and went through to see if I had everything set. I think I do, but maybe I am missing something. I just did another test setting up the report to run at

2:15 and save to a file. Nothing happens and nothing runs.

The report listener is running and starts up when I start my computer. I can open the report listener and nothing is listed. I do not close down the report listener and my computer stays on for weeks at a time.

John

Reply to
John Haverty
Loading thread data ...

I'm not sure about the differences between regular Symp and Symp Express, so some of may not apply to Express... Have you checked the alarm viewer / event history for failure events related to scheduled reports? Look up the corresponding event ID in documentation. Are your jobs actually appearing in the system scheduler? (ask your admin to look in System Admin > System Config > Scheduler). If not, perhaps your userID have permission to schedule jobs. Reports may also fail if for some reason the server can't resolve your machine's hostname. Try pinging your machine from the server using your machine's hostname. If you can't ping it, you can fix it by putting your machine's hostname in the HOSTS file on the Symposium server.

HTH David

Reply to
j0ckg33k

that should read "perhaps your userID does not have permission to schedule jobs"

Reply to
j0ckg33k

David,

No, the jobs that I schedule never show up in the system scheduler. I will try doing the scheduling with the system administrator account for our system. I can run the reports manually, but I will check to see if I can ping my machine from the server.

Thank you!

John

Reply to
John Haverty

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.