Question about using M2616 with ACD

Hi,

We currently use a number of M2216 phones in our ACD setup. (These are the ones without cradles, which require headsets.) I have had some success in using an M2616 (the "normal" phone, with a handset and cradle) as an ACD position. Unfortunately, I've run into the problem that the handset must NOT be placed into the cradle, lest the agent be logged out.

Is there a setting which will allow the agent to remain logged in, even when the handset is returned to the cradle? Or is this why the M2216 exists? :)

Are there any other downsides to using an M2616 in an ACD setting?

I'm asking specifically, because I'd like to implement one of these wireless cradle-lifting headset gadgets on a trial basis... If you can indeed answer a call by lifting the handset (and thus disconnect a call by retracting the handset, but not be logged out), then this could add quite a bit of productivity for some of our agents.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

justen

Reply to
justenrd
Loading thread data ...

It sounds as though you have HOML set to YES in your LD 23 programming. Check your ACD setup and have HOML=NO

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
mjamm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.