Q.SIG between two M1s - central voicemail

OK, I know that normally you'd use MCDN for this, but I want to tie two M1s together using Q.SIG, because I eventually want to put an Asterisk VoIP gateway in between them. Before doing so, I want to be sure the Q.SIG functionality will work end to end without anything odd in the middle.

Both systems are running 25.40

The problem is that calls to the remote site will not go into the users' mailbox, instead getting a generic "Meridian mail" prompt. This usually means that the DNIS information (I guess technically it's not DNIS, but it's the best term I can come up with) is not being passed to the Call Pilot.

Try as I might, I cannot find the documentation required to figure out what's missing. This would likely be the same problem you would experience when trying to use a CallPilot to support a non-Nortel PBX, so I'm hoping someone who has done such an integration can help to clue me in.

Much obliged for any advice.

Reply to
LootBag
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.