PRI tie lines and DTMF distortion

I have a PRI tie line between an 11 and an asterisk pbx

difficult to call into a remote 81c and logon to call pilot, 2/3 of the time logon is wrong

I called myself across the tie and back from the 11 and using 2 3904 sets dialed myself to see what it sounded like,

If I dial quickly it sounds ok except for the first digit, if I dial real slow, pausing between keypresses, I hear a very short maybe 10ms dtmf and a click followed by a nice strong DTMF.

If I press a key and hold it then there is a 10ms dtmf followed by a click and no dtmf is sent until I release the key and then a nice 100 ms dtmf is sent on key up.

I figured out what is happening is that the 11 is sending the DTMF in band over the PRI and the asterisk digium PRI card is receiving the

11's DTMF and muting it until the DTMF stops and then the asterisk digium PRI card is sending a nice 100ms DTMF.

If you dial quickly there is no need for the digium pri card to unmute and there is no clicking except for the first digit dialed

if you dial all digits slow, then the digium card clicks on every digit dialed.

I was surprised that the 11 is sending the dtmf in band as audio on the PRI, I thought it would be sent as a signal and generated down the line by the digium, not actually listened for as audio, muted out and then repeated.

Is there a way to tell the 11 NOT to send dtmf on a PRI as audio (inband) but instead to send it as signal data like on the d-channel or something ?

Otherwise, I'll have to go to digium to seek a solution.

Thanks

Reply to
usatracy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.