Port Monitor setup on a 8600 switch.

Hello,

I'm currently looking into setting up a port monitor on a Passport 8600 switch. I need to monitor all traffic to a server that is connected to this switch through an other port on this same switch.

I use Optivity Switch Manager to configure the switch. Can anyone tell me a quick way to configure this?

Greetings, Jan Hugo Prins

Reply to
Jan Hugo Prins
Loading thread data ...

one port or several ports.

I'm currently looking into setting up a port monitor on a Passport 8600 switch. I need to monitor all traffic to a server that is connected to this switch through an other port on this same switch.

I use Optivity Switch Manager to configure the switch. Can anyone tell me a quick way to configure this?

Greetings, Jan Hugo Prins

Reply to
gopher

Older modules did not support full duplex monitoring, other issues alslo but can not remember. Works correctly with rev E boards and above

Configuration for port monitoring (or mirroring) is under the diagnostic configuration sections (From command line anyway). I do not use the Optivity manager (Wish I were) so can not help with specifcs there.

Can setup multiple mirrors at same time (each from a single port being monitored to a single monitor port only). Can not monitor several ports to a single port for traffic (will need an application switch for that)

Reply to
MC

how bout SNMP?

Reply to
j0ckg33k

You can monitor multiple ports to a single port. You cannot monitor the same port on multiple monitor ports.

Reply to
Charles R. Anderson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.