OTM licence question

We are currently in the process where I work in implementing the call tracking features in OTM, and have a question regarding licencing.

Our SBC engineer used a LD 81 CNT to determine the number of licences that we need. He also made mention that the OTM licence seats were based on

*DN.* I did a physical count based on a LD 20 DNB printout, and came up with ~100 more DNs than TNs being used (becuase of second lines, Call Center, voicemail, and the Confrence Bridge.)

My question is, how are OTM licence seats classified? Is it all DNs, certain DNs, or am I heading down the wrong path. :)

Reply to
Richie Kennedy
Loading thread data ...

OTM-licence works with TN's and NOT DN's. You can free up tn's in the otm-database by removing tn's you don't need in OTM for example your voicemail-tn's Change syncstatus to new witg global update and stat. and then delete them from the otm-database.

Pennyman.

"Richie Kennedy" schreef in bericht news:Xns9648C114997Eroute56@216.168.3.44...

Reply to
Pennyman

As Professor Fox used to always say, "Be careful"......OTM classifies licenses in two ways. One is the Terminal Number license that allows a certain number of TNs to be administered over one or more PBX systems. A second is the Reporting Unit license that governs how many entries are allowed in the Employee Directory whether downloaded from the PBX, or added manually. These licenses are used for the Telecom Billing System module for running CDR reports. Also they are used with the General Cost Allocation System module for adding additional extraneous charges, such as cell phones, equipment costs and Internet charges, which can then be combined with your regular PBX phone call charges in a consolidated report. Most of the entries in the Employee Directory are driven by Directory Number assignments to Terminal Numbers from the Nortel PBX. This RU license needs to be at least the same number as the TN licenses. When using GCAS, you may be defining additional users and numbers(cell phone numbers or numbers from other non-Nortel phone systems)so you would need to increase the RU capacity.

As far as deleting TNs from the Station Administration database that you don't need, this gets tedious and time consuming especially if you process a scheduled Full Retrieval on a regular basis. Every time there is a full download from the PBX, the deleted stations will reappear and you'll have to manually remove them again. And how many licenses are the voicemail stations going to save you?.....24, 36 max? Splurge, spend the minimal dollars and get an extra 50 or 100 licenses and use the software the way it was meant to be used.

Mark D. Sikes ISI Telemanagement Solutions, Inc. OTM Support Services

800.326.6183 snipped-for-privacy@isi-info.com
Reply to
msikes
[posted and mailed]

snipped-for-privacy@isi-info.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

So, let me get this straight: On our Opt11 (Succession 3.0), I have a

2616 with two lines: 3674 and 7674. In OTM, obviously, that is 1 entry in the Employee Directory. Does that count as 1 RU?

Also, let's say that I have a phone that is set at the most restrictive NCOS. If I do not assign it to a "user," does it count as a RU?

Personally, if I try to delete it from the database, I'm afraid that I'll accidentally delete it from the PBX. I'm looking for DNs and TNs that can be pulled from the PBX entirely.

Reply to
Richie Kennedy

Richie,

The DNs do not matter. There are 2 separate but related types of licensing for OTM

1. Your Station Licensing counts only TNs. If you go into Station Admin and do Edit > Select All, this should match your TNs in the PBX. Note that if you go over TNs, you will get annoying error messages but can still use OTM.

1. For Billing, it is the Reporting Unit, which to make this simple, is mostly the same as a TN license, in that it counts sets but you could have "non set" Reporting Units. You don't, as you haven't used the billing yet so don't worry about this. For your purposes, these numbers will match - if they don't, you need to do some OTM cleanup.

Go to OTM Navigator Help> About OTM applications and highlight Telecom Billing. It will show you your used RUs. To check TNs, go to Help> TN Licenses.

If you are over your limit, it is for one of two reasons, one you are legitimately over! If this is the case, you will need to either remove unused sets from the PBX or through OTM. Or, add more license. Don't mess with quick fixes on this, trust me. If OTM seems to be higher than your PBX in TNs, do a retrieve all (station admin>synchronize...) then a reconcile TNs (station admin>reconcile) to clean up station.

Hope that helps!

Steve SKO Communications

Reply to
Steve Korn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.