Option 11C attendant console help.

We have an Option 11C with an M2250 attendant console. Management has asked about moving this console to another location but it is a considerable distance away in another building and our current buried cable installation will barely support analog lines let alone digital phones. I have not had to do any attendant console programming since my Database Admin class back in

1998 and don't remember enough of the particulars to feel comfortable moving it. They also asked if it could be decommisioned and if the operator function "0" be directed to another phone. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to get SBC involved. I'd like to save my company the fees SBC will charge as we are a non-profit and money for such projects is always tight. I'm very familiar with the programming overlays in the Meridian line for moves, adds and changes as well as testing overlays and would feel comfortable enough making the changes myself if someone more familiar with them could post the overlays and fields I'd need to edit. Any help would be appreciated.

John Forde snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
John Forde
Loading thread data ...

It sounds pretty iffy. If your cable will not support digital phones then you're hosed for a console. If you can get digital phones to work, then program a set as a Central Answering Point (CAP) -- which nearly mimics the functions of a 2250 on a 2616 set - refer to docs to ensure you're not using any special features that wouldn't transfer over.

You can re-direct incomig calls in many ways, but it depends on what you have. You didn't say what you had, but the simplest way in your situation would be to redirect the nite target to whatever DN you want to take "0" calls and leave the console in nite until they figure out what's wanted.

Other options are building an IP bridge, If you have 10MB or better IP to the builidng, consider getting an MCK unit. These things are black boxes that go on either end - you just punch down digital phones on one side and the switch on the other - works well and can be had on EBAY for under $1k.

AK

Reply to
Kasperavicius

If you can get a digital phone to work in the other building, then the console will work but you will need a power supply at the console end as the voltage drop would be to great to power it from the digital line card power ports.

Reply to
acewarlock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.