Option 11 -interalia

WE are presently using an Ineralia MMU2-66RDB Digital Voice Announcer and been paying $50 month rental for this unit.

We use this as an auto attendant to assist the receptionist.

I see MMU2-63DBR which is a DC powered unit on Ebay that can be bought for little more than 1 month rent.

Is there a better solution at a reasonable price or should I pick this up from ebay?

Any suggestions or options?

Reply to
simmchris
Loading thread data ...

There's a few issues....

If you are paying "rent" on this part of the system, then you are likely paying rent on other parts of the system, which really means it isn't your system. It's unlikely that whoever you pay this rent to will let you pick and choose what you'll rent from them, and what you can buy to attach to"their" system. Then there's the actual issue of hooking it up.... If you buy this unit, you will need to have someone connect it, and do the programming. It's likely that if you tell your vendor you don't want to rent the announcer anymore, that they will remove it. This involves the cabling, the trunks, and the entries in the system.

You mentioned that you "use this as an auto attendant to assist the receptionist". This particular device doesn't do anything that could "assist" the attendant. All it basically does is tell callers that "you're gonna wait", and maybe "you're still gonna wait". It also could be used for telling callers that "you dialed the wrong number. Look up the right one, and try again". (All these things are usually said a little more politely, but that's what is really being said.

If you have something that truly assists the attendant - "We're busy now, but if you know who you want to reach....." - that's likely being done by the voice mail, or some sort of auto attendant box.

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for your post. The interalia was the only hardware that is rented. I am embarrassed to say that I rented this item for $50 month since

1999. I bought a replacement online and will install it and program it myself and use it until I find the best solution for upgrading the switch and software for a voicemail or autoattendant box.
Reply to
simmchris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.