Nortel Option 81 tie trunk to Asterisk box

I'm looking for any and all knowledge on how to tie an old option 81 to an asterisk box in the configuration (for now) of the PSTN --->

Nortel ---> Asterisk. We have 4 E&M Trunks (Supertrunks as bell calls them) the basic idea being all 24 channels are used for voice and no D- Chan because of some crappy planning when the system was originally licensed... That said I need to figure out a way to send certain DID's to my asterisk box and also be able to set up a route back out of asterisk through the nortel to the pstn... I have come up with several options involving line side t1 cards and some using PRI cards etc (both of which I have) but nothing that can tell me how to set it up when I don't have D-ch available or qsig etc... I think we're on Release 23.The asterisk side I can handle it's the nortel side I'm fuzzy on. I have been running this opt 81 for several years and know my way around it pretty well but not well enough to start messing with that stuff blind on a production system... Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Drew

Reply to
ddickenson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.