Nortel Modular ICS

Hi All

Previously I got this partial reply. However I would like to know if changing from BRA to PRI will default the system. They already have DID's set up (randomly) which the customer wants to keep as is and I would like to know if the system will need programming from scratch.

Services card is already in as it is required for both BRA & PRI. All I'm hoping to do is swap the line cards only and retain programming. Is this the case?

TIA

Kevin Martin

Kevin Martin wrote: > XBarNone wrote: >

> >> >> I cannot remember if you use a separate services card with BRI or if it >> was merged onto the BRI card, so you may need a Services card or Fiber >> expansion / Services Combo card. >> >> You will also need a PRI enabler Key Code from Nortel. >> >> Other than that I think you should be fine. >> >> Many technicians choose to reinitialize their MICS after a conversion >> to PRI because it is easier to setup DID extensions with a DID initial >> setup. >> >> All your target lines and received digits will already be programmed >> and assigned to sets if you initialize as DID >> > Thanks XBarNone > > There is already a services card (which is a separate card) required for > the BRI and does not need changing for PRI. > > The customer already has DID's set up as they are using the BRI. However > they are all mixed up (DID's do NOT match extension numbers - don't ask > me why, I've recently been asked to do the upgrade to PRI and have never > seen this particular system before). Since staff members have business > cards etc with these mixed up numbers, they want to keep it that way. > > So by just swapping the card to PRI and changing the settings, will the > system want to default? Because that will mean reprogramming almost > every station to the original DID? It would be nice to know beforehand. > > I have done a number of PSTN only systems to PRI before where certainly > defaulting and starting from scratch is the only practical option for > precisely the reasons you stated. > > TIA > > Kevin Martin
Reply to
Kevin Martin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.