Nortel Mer Mail and Option 11C

Hi Everyone. I'm new to this site We have the Mer Mail and when we delete messages from our voice mail the system saves them and when we log on again it says we have so many number of deleted messages. Do we want to delete them again? Can we program this so that it will completely delete them the first time? If so what would be the steps?

Also, we have tried to change the second line on a TN. We go through the steps in LD 20 everything is fine until we get to Item and when we put in Key 01 it takes us back to Item. What would be the correct code here? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
trish
Loading thread data ...

KEY 1 SCR xxxx

trish wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

Well Trish, has this voice mail problem ever happened to your mailbox? Have you deleted messages, hung up, then called back later and heard MerMail tell you about deleted messages? I am going to guess not, but I am at the point of forgetting more than learning now

What users may be complaining about is that during their session, when they delete messages, they can come across them again and if they don't play slowpoke, they will get confused and call you with the sensationalized story you must follow up on.

My opinion is MerMail is an idiotic user interface design. They make up for it in system stability though.

When changing phones, and you are presented with "ITEM", it is as acewarlock writes, enter another change if needed. or just hit enter enough times to get to "REQ" again.

Reply to
GHTROUT

Yes it has. For some reason it saves deleted messages until they get deleted a second time. There must be a way to get them to delete the first time. Other systems we have used, you only delete once and they are gone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
trish

Thanks. We will try this today. Appreciate your help.

Reply to
trish

Trish,

Do you happen to know the release of the Mer Mail?

Reply to
John

Hi John: Yes, it is MM12.14.D. Also, we went through changing the 2nd line yesterday using the Key 1 SCR and number and nothing changed. Can you help us with that? We obviously are missing something.

Reply to
trish

Trish,0

To change Key 1 on a set: LOGI Pass (whatever your password is)

REQ: Change Type: whatever the set type is TN (whatever the TN number is) easy change yes ITEM KEY 1 SCR (whatever the dn number should be) Return Return return all the way back to REQ You should receceive no SCH codes except for maybe SCH 5524.

When I get a minute I'll check the MM release 12 stuff to see if I can't find where that delete issue might be. I'm thinking it might be in COS.

Reply to
John

John: Thank you so much. This worked like a charm.

Reply to
trish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.