Nortel line side T1 to IPC system

Hi,

I have a Nortel line side T1 card connected to a IPC system. The T1 is configured for D4/ AMI. I can make and receive calls however from the turret when hearing ring back there's a hum between the ring cycles. It only hums when there should be silence. As soon as the call is answered the quality is fine. On the IPC side the lines are configured as DIALTONE.

I already tried new equipment and cabling on both systems.

Does anyone know if any adjustments need to be made in the wire group? Or what the issue could be?

Thanks........Joe

Reply to
phonerjoe
Loading thread data ...

Maybe a bad ground on the ring gen., did this just start happening or has it always been?

Reply to
John 807

I just added this card. They're the only analog ports on the shelf. The hum I'm hearing during ring back is in the receiver. I think the ring gen only provides the voltage for the ringer on the phone. Any thoughts?

Reply to
phonerjoe

look at the dip switchs, there is one setting for ground start. It's probably on.

Reply to
John Smith

Anyone out there know if anything else but Nortel's "i" series phones can be used with a signalling server? Specifically, I'm looking for some kind of

802.11 wireless handset to be used to replace a Companion. We're upgrading to S4.5, and once we do, we understand that the Companion will be no longer. Thanks.
Reply to
Bob

That was wierd.... I don't have an answer for your question, but I also didn't intend for my post to be a reply.... Sorry.

>
Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.