Nortel Extranet Access Client

I am having a problem trying to connect.

The client is running on a W2K Server which is part of an SBS 2003 Std. I have a Netscreen 5 Firewall with UDP and ESP ports open.

When I connect it resolves the destination name and seems to authenticate, then it attempts to retrieve Configuration settings from the remote host, however this part returns a BannerSock Error: "The attempt to connect timed out without establishing a connection".

When I look at the monitor I have been assigned an IP but I am not connected to the remote network, and after awhile I get a message back saying the connection has been lost.

I have had this working in the past, but I think some settings have changed on the SBS server, and I am at a loss as to where to troubleshoot next. I believe that the client access is getting out of the internal domain and managing to authenticate but informtaion is not getting back to the Access Client.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Richard
Loading thread data ...

most likely it's your firewall doing its magical filtering, blocking, etc.. if i were you, i'd start sniffing on the local SBS machine, to see what kind of conversation that's not getting through.. imho, checking the firewall setup won't hurt, make sure IKE, ESP, AH, UDP=500, etc, are allowed to get through.. good luck.

Reply to
lou

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.