Nortel extension question

Hi everyone,

just to state the obvious first: I am not a phone tech, but I am the guy in charge of making sure all the machines keep working in our office.

Basically I am trying to figure out if this is something easily done or if I have to get a guy in.

I know how to program mailboxes and stuff with the CallPilot system, what I would like to know is how to change the extension of the actual phone itself. The problem is that phones have been added over time and now the codes don't follow any logical progression anymore.

I want to set up one room to be 20x, the next 21x, etc..

Can I do it? Could someone tell me how or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick
Loading thread data ...

Which Nortel system do you have?

Option XX?

Norstar?

BCM?

Reply to
David Hartung

Norstar. Most of the phones are T7208.

Reply to
Nick

If you know how to move around the Norstar programing, under "system features" there is a "change DN" command. it prompts you for the old DN, and then for the new DN. Once you finish changing DNs, you will need to exit programing, before making any other changes. You will also have to delete, and recreate the mailboxes on those extensions you change.

Reply to
David Hartung

Whoa ! Are you sure about the mailbox business ?

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

Not completely, but I don't think that you can change a box number, without deleting, and recreating the box.

Reply to
David Hartung

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.