Nortel CICS 6.1

Hi. I have a Nortel CICS system running 6.1 software. The system has 1 internal ATA and 1 external ATA used for credit card machines to dial out. Currently, the cc machines must dial 9 to get out. How do I remove this requirement? None of the phones require me to dial 9 to get out. I would appreciate any help on this. I am reading the manual and I can't find the answer. Thanks, Leon

Reply to
Tipton's
Loading thread data ...

If you are dialing the same C.C. phone number all the time you could try to use hotline external.

Reply to
John 807

Reply to
Mysterion

Reply to
Mysterion

1. Set your ATA port with your outgoing pool as prime.
  2. Set your ATA port as an external hotline, in the dialed digits, put a timed pause.
Reply to
David Hartung

Another solution would be to reprogram the credit card machines to dial 9 and a pause on every number.

Reply to
David Hartung

Unfortunately, Norstar must dial an access code ( ie 9 or so) to dial out even when programmed as hotline, external .. the system dials the line pool access code first, then the number There's no way to remove this feature by any way Since your c c machine requires to dial 9 to access a line, I dont see there's any problem with that .. it should work fine ..( it's programmed as it per the system works) (that's what I understand from your msg)

Good Luck

Reply to
Norstar Telecom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.