Nortel BCM 1000 to 1000e expansion chassis cable

Hi

Apparently it is important when connecting a BCM 1000 or BCM400 to a 6 bay expansion chassis, that the official 5 metre cat5 cable is used.Apparently a standard one may give problems.

This is the cable that links the 2 RJ45 DS256 ports together.

I'm having trouble locating this cable - the only part number I can find vaguely related is a NTAB3304 cable, but various internet suppliers describe this as being a V24 DS256 cable with a D type connection. So is evidently incorrect.

Can anyone tell me the correct Nortel part number for the cable I seek?

I could also do with tracking down the 50pin Amphenol type cable that connects the media bays to the outside world.

Thanks very much

Bullfrog

Reply to
Bullfrog
Loading thread data ...

There was 1 for sale on Ebay for $4.99 last night. The othe cable is just a standard 25 Pr amp cable that you can buy a graybar.

Bullfrog wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

For sale right now for $4.99 on ebay ends in 4 hr at (Jun-23-06

11:45:00 PDT

NORTEL / BCM EXPANSION BOX CABLE ... NTAK1204 Item number: 8830718453

acewarlock wrote:Item number: 8830718453

Reply to
acewarlock

Bullfrog

NTAB3304 = BCM DS256 Cable 5M. That is the correct part number from Nortel for the cable you are looking for. FYI.

Reply to
bdalida

The NTAK cable on ebay has 50 pin Amphenol connectors on each end, not RJ45 connectors and is therefore not the correct cable.

How can I confirm that the NTAB3304 cable I'm purchasing is the correct RJ45 cable and not the D connector version. Anyone able to point me to a supplier in either UK (preferably) or US , that is supplying the RJ45 version with correct description.If in US I can get a friend to purchase it for me and send over.

Thanks again

Bullfrog

bdalida wrote:

Reply to
Bullfrog

Description for this cable here

formatting link
here
formatting link
V24 other connector D sub 25 pin female. The Cable I seek is an 8pin RJ45 to RJ45 is the description incorrect or am I seeking a different cable. Joining a BCM 1000 external 8pin RJ45 (Media services card) to a BCM1000E expansion cabinet.

Thanks again

Bullfrog

Bullfrog wrote:

Reply to
Bullfrog

Description for this cable here

formatting link
here
formatting link
V24 other connector D sub 25 pin female. The Cable I seek is an 8pin RJ45 to RJ45 is the description incorrect or am I seeking a different cable. Joining a BCM 1000 external 8pin RJ45 (Media services card) to a BCM1000E expansion cabinet.

Thanks again

Bullfrog

Bullfrog wrote:

Reply to
Bullfrog

I'm not sure of the part number but I can tell you what it is.

It is a standard 568b rj45 8 pin male both ends. 5 meters long (16 feet) sheilded 100 ohm balanced cat 5 e

formatting link
and here

Reply to
XBarNone

Sorry about giving you the wrong item number, but this seller does have the cable your looking for and he was selling it for $4.99. look up this item number on Ebay 8830718453 and then send him an email question about the cable you want. It was brand new in the wrapper.

XBarN> I'm not sure of the part number but I can tell you what it is.

formatting link
> and here

Reply to
acewarlock

I have a feeling that you'll get away with using a different cable to connect the cabs together as long as you don't put any BRIM's in there. I think that you'll get timing problems if you tried to use ISDN2.

formatting link
- Nortel User Group

Reply to
CaptainReboot

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.