Nortel and Alternate Voice Prompts

Does anyone know how to set up an "emergency" voice notification for Symposium? I am trying to figure out how to temporarily modify the initial messages that our customers would hear if we had a major problem (i.e. We are working on the network and are aware there are slowness problems... etc.). I am not having any luck figure out how to set this up or make it a option for us to use.

We currently have a menu that is played for our callers. I would still like for that menu to play, but before playing I would like a temporary announcement that we could record on the fly. I found a emergency indicator, but that disabled everything with Symposium and made it so that no calls came into us.

Looking for any help or direction on how to set this up.

Thank you!

John

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

I believe if you look at the master script you will see its routing to a voice prompt in mermail.

Not sure just my recollection.

Reply to
joewinkler

Thank you! I will check the master script to see what I can find. I did check the documentation and did not find anything there, but I know when we received training earlier this year they mentioned it was possible.

John

Reply to
John Haverty

I looked around in the master script and I am not finding anything in there that discusses routing to voice prompt. All of our scripts were written by our phone company provider when they installed the system. I checked through documentation again that we have on Symposium and I do not see anything about setting a temporary announcement. Can you point me to on-line documentation or something you might have that would allow me to set up a temporary notification to our customers before hearing the regular menu choices?

John

Reply to
John Haverty

Hello John,

The way we do this is to have 1 or more 'dummy' agents configured. Each could correspond to a certain outage situation. When an outage or event occurs log in the relevant agent at a spare telset. The scripting checks to see if this agent is logged in and, if it is, plays a certain voice prompt after which the script then proceeds as normal. If the agent is not logged in then nothing happens and the normal treatment applies. When the outage situation is resolved simply logout the agent. Hope this helps! If you need any further info let me know.

Alan

Reply to
Alan O'Hara

Alan,

So there is not anything built into Symposium to allow for an emergency announcement? I believe we have Symposium Express which is not the full blown version. We have not written any of our scripts. They do not look too bad, but we have not done anything with them.

Did you put the check for 'dummy' agent into the master script? Would it be possible to send me the portion of the script that you have where you did this so I can see how you did it?

John

Reply to
John Haverty

John,

I thought of that immediately after my original posting. This will only work in SCCS not SECC. It is a big limitation in my opinion. The scripts can only be viewed in express, not modified. They are created by the treatment and routing wizards. The emergency feature in express is just that, an emergency causing the closure of the call centre. The only way I can think of that may help would be to use a greeting prompt in the call treatment as a way of playing any outage announcements. The greeting would have to be recorded to suit the situation. This would be played just before the call entered the agent queue. Not great, but may be useful. If your call centre is fronted by MMail menus then you could change the menu greeting prompts. Again, less than perfect.

Alan

Reply to
Alan O'Hara

Alan,

Thank you for the info. This gives me something to work with. You are right that it is not perfect, but it sounds like it would work. So far we have not had any issues where we have needed the greeting before the menu, but I know it will be something we will need in the future.

Thanks!

John

Reply to
John Haverty

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.