Nortel 7316E - Name configuration?

Relatively new to the Nortel system and have a quick question.

Running a Call Pilot 100 system with Nortel T7316E phones.

When I dial another extension from my phone the name that gets displayed is "Spare".

I have gone into the call pilot configuration and changed my extension to have my correct name. When I log into my voice mail I can see it displays my name properly.

Where do I configure the name that gets displayed on the other phones when I dial an extension?

Any help would be appreciated.

Darryl Dale

Reply to
Darryl Dale
Loading thread data ...

In the Norstar

Reply to
Kenw

Ok, anybody have a link to the programming manual for this device?

Searched nortel.com and couldn't find it.

Darryl

Kenw wrote:

Reply to
Darryl Dale

"Darryl Dale" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You should be able to find the information you need here:

formatting link
It would help, however, if we knew what model of Norstar switch you have

-- or whether it is a BCM.

BTW, "Name Changing" is handled in the "Frequently Used Programming" section.

Reply to
RonB

Thank you, that did the trick.

Page 18 of that document had exactly what I needed.

Darryl

R> "Darryl Dale" wrote in

Reply to
Darryl Dale

"Darryl Dale" wrote in news:1164374761.550141.43090 @j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Every now and then... Glad it worked.

Reply to
RonB

There is a place in the BCM (I mostly work with BCM400 v4.0) where you can go and change the "name" of an extension (CSTSVC; PHARMACY; MNGR; etc.), don't remember exactly where it is I'll look at it when I get to work tomorrow morning.

Reply to
lj_robins

Hi again,

It is under the Configuration tab, then go into Telephony, then Sets, then Active Sets. When all the Ext's/DN's load click on the DN you want to modiy then click again on the name of the ext that you want to modify. It should turn white and then the cursor should appear letting you edit it.

Good luck.

Reply to
lj_robins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.