Nortel 1140E IP phone in a 802.1x Cisco environment

Hi Everyone,

I have been task with implementing a Nortel VOIP solution in a 802.1x Cisco environment.

The equipment I have is as follows: Nortel 1140E IP Phone connected to Cisco C3750-PoE edge switches running 12.2.37SE1 as the IOS. RADIUS Server authenticating worstations on PC certificate and via user's network credentials. Also we are using Dynamic VLANS.

I have managed to get the Nortel IP phone to work fine without the

802.1x, but I haven't been so lucky with 802.1x.

Cisco has provided me with a switchport config and RADIUS VSA attributes which I have implemented but I still cannot get the phone to authenticate. It says "Starting DHCP" and sits at that prompt forever. While the phone boots up the PC authenticates briefly but then I get "limited connectivity/authentication fail" on the PC as well.

I have created an account on the RADIUS server and set it to the Voice VLAN. Configured the phone with EAP enabeled option and entered that login into the phone. I have even specified the Data & Voice VLAN on the phone's config (which are the same as on the switchport).

Now after all that dribble....Has any one implemented something like this before, if yes, what config did you use? I can supply my config from Cisco on request.

Secondly, how can I troubleshoot the connectivity on the Nortel 1140E IP Phone? I want to to be able to trace every event (EAPOL, authentication attempts, DHCP requests, etc).

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Reply to
talos73
Loading thread data ...

For troubleshooting, you can use port-mirror on Cisco switch or check the event logs on RADIUS server.

Regards

Reply to
Dophi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.