New IP 1140 Handset

I have a new handset that I want to add to my BCM400

We have a number of 2002/2004 handsets already on the system

I am having trouble configuring the handset as I dont seem to be able to find the default admin password.

I wait for the Nortel to apear then hit the 4 function buttons to go in config mode (like on the 2000 series) I am then prompted for a password but it is not letting me use the default 2264

Does anyone know the default password?

The phone is not being connected to a BCM yet (just doing pre config of IP address etc beofre going to site to install)

Thanks

Reply to
nortel user
Loading thread data ...

Spell out the word using the numeric keypad - color*set

Thats the standard for all 11xx's series phones.

Rob

We have a number of 2002/2004 handsets already on the system

I am having trouble configuring the handset as I dont seem to be able to find the default admin password.

I wait for the Nortel to apear then hit the 4 function buttons to go in config mode (like on the 2000 series) I am then prompted for a password but it is not letting me use the default 2264

Does anyone know the default password?

The phone is not being connected to a BCM yet (just doing pre config of IP address etc beofre going to site to install)

Thanks

Reply to
gopher

That is also the password for the 2XXX series phones running the latest firmware

Reply to
Me Myself

Thanks Guys, that worked fine.

I had seen that password but I was using UK spelling of colour (not color)

Paul

Reply to
nortel user

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.