Need the big dogs

I have a customer in the Detroit area that I have been cabling for, for

4 years.

--About 4 years ago, I cabled 130 workstations with 2, cat6 and 1 cat3.

--A year later, I connected a second building via fiber and cabled an additional 55 workstations with 2, cat6 and 1 cat3. We used the fiber to extend their data network and phone system.

--Last year, I cabled a remote (temporary) location with 2, cat5e and 1 cat3 per workstation, and they had the phone system and data network extended over some form of T1 connection.

--They are now adding another 30 workstations at the temporary location.

--They are also purchasing another remote location where they want the same functionality.

All this growth has caused them to outgrow their existing Nortel System. They are in the market for a larger system. I'd like to help them find a solution if I can. I'll have more details later, but for now, they are in need of at least 200 extensions. They want a system that can grow to 1000 or more stations and serve multiple locations.

I'm hoping there is a something from Nortel that can handle this and someone with the Technical savvy to pull it off.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
google
Loading thread data ...

Succession 4.5 with voip capability.

Reply to
John 807

Nortel Option 11 or CS1000S will handle it if you use a mix of standard phone and IP phones.

But if you really want to grow for the future I would Suggest a Nortel Option 61/81 or CS 1000E. The redundant processors of these two systems have the additional benefit of an upgrade process that is less stressful.

I would suggest release 25.04B (X11R25.40B) or newer if you are going the used/refurbished way. If you can afford a new system then go for release 4.5 (X21R4.50).

Reply to
Chris Romero

Nortel Option 11 or CS1000S will handle it if you use a mix of standard phone and IP phones.

But if you really want to grow for the future I would Suggest a Nortel Option 61/81 or CS 1000E. The redundant processors of these two systems have the additional benefit of an upgrade process that is less stressful.

I would suggest release 25.04B (X11R25.40B) or newer if you are going the used/refurbished way. If you can afford a new system then go for release 4.5 (X21R4.50).

Reply to
Chris Romero

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.