Modular ICS and VoIP

Hello all,

I have been asked to connect two offices together and have them work as if they were one PBX. The problem is that one is a Norstar MICS and the other is running Asterisk.

I am very comfortable with Asterisk although very unknowlegable with Norstar. Here's my proposed idea:

Have an AudioCodes MP-108 (an eight port H.323 FXS) at the Norstar end. The eight RJ-11 plugs will hook into the MICS and the RJ-45 ethernet will connect through the Internet (or a wireless bridge, whatever) to the Asterisk end.

Here's the problem that I can't solve:

Can I setup the MICS so that any extension that matches a certain range (i.e. 5000-6000) will automatically be routed out the eight lines connected to the MP-108? So, if I'm at an extension on the Norstar end and dial 5042 it will send it out the MP-108 (and ultimately be received at the Asterisk end)? And will this work the other way around?

Actually, if someone could point to a place where I can find an MICS manual in PDF format (Nortel website doesn't like the fact that I'm not a customer), that'd be great too...

Thanks in advance, Kevin Brown

Reply to
Kevin Brown
Loading thread data ...

Kevin,

Program those 8 lines as Pool X. Create a route, for 5xxx. Program route to use Pool X. Done.

RT

Kev> Hello all,

Reply to
mad006

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.