MICS 5.0 PRI Outgoing & DID Call Problems

I've added a PRI to a MICS 5.0. I can receive calls to the attendent but cannot get the DID numbers to route and I cannot make outgoing calls.

I've setup route 001 to use PRI-A and set 8 as the digit to select route 001 but it states no free lines or something to that affect (not in front of it right now)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe.Winkler
Loading thread data ...

Set up target lines for incoming

Reply to
KenW

I've attached the following reply from an earlier posting to help you with your PRI programming. That posting also involves networking two switches together, so disregard anything about PRI#2, remote access or private networking. Hope it helps.

--------------------------------------------------------- previous post

OK if you want to do this right, let's start over.

Let's assume you have a MICS 6.1 or newer.( or 5.0) Let's assume there are 2 PRI's one (PRI#1)comming from Telco the other (PRI#2) comming from privatly owned Cisco EQ. Let's assume that the extention numbers on the Norstar are DID and start at

2221 thru 2821 Let's assume that the extentions on the privatly owned Cisco EQ. start at 4221 thru 4821

-First seeing as you own the originating equipment on PRI#2 you can determine what protocol this PRI uses.

-Second decide which piece of equipment will be the master clock of PRI#2. Will it be the Norstar or the Cisco?

Set up PRI#2 at the Cisco so that it uses NI-1 or DMS-100 protocol. This is a custom propritary protocol that Nortel invented it allows for private networking where as NI-2 is generic North American Standard.

If you use the privatly owned Cisco EQ. as the master clock for PRI#2 then the Norstar must use PRI#2 as it's secondary clock source with PRI#1 being Primary Clock Source. If on the other hand you decide to make the Norstar the clock reference for PRI#2 then you must set the Norstar to use PRI#1 as Primary Clock Source and PRI#2 must be Master Clock Source.

Set up PRI#1 as B8ZS ESF NI-2 and PRI#2 as B8ZS ESF DMS-100 Set up PRI#1 as Line Pool PRI-A and PRI#2 as Line Pool PRI-B Apply Restriction Filter to PRI#2 to restrict Long Distance calling from PRI#2

Build target lines with receive digits for DID numbers and assign them to the corresponding extensions. ( I like to make the extension numbers the same as the receive digits and assign the target lines as Ring Only) This will happen automatically if you initialize your system as DID.

Steer by Receive Digits (DINS) only. Do not prime any lines (physical or target) to any set. Do not build any DISA auto answer or auto DN extentions.

Next build Route Tables Build Route 001 as public route using Line Pool PRI-A Build Rout 002 as Private route using Line Pool PRI-B

Check Line Pool Access Codes to make sure that there are no Line Pool Access Codes Built. If there are any, remove them. We want to steer out bound traffic by destination codes not access codes. Also if there are any external access digits assigned, remove them.

Build Des codes for routes 001 and 002 first Des Code will be 9A using route 001 with an absorbed digit length of 1 (A means Any) Next Des code will be 42A using route 002 with an absorbed digit length of 0

Des code 9A will allow you to place a public call using 9 + NPA-NXX-xxxx the absorb length of 1 will absorb the 9 so that it will not be passed to the Telco. Des code 42A will allow you to call any extension in your Cisco beginnig with 42 as if they were extensions on the Norstar.

Place both Line Pool PRI-A and PRI-B in the same Remote package 01.

Any Received Digit coming in on PRI#1 will Route to PRI#2 if the receive Digits start with 42 as per des code 42A therefore extensions on Cisco can be DID also.

Reply to
XBarNone

Thanks, I had actually found this moments after posting and it did the trick.

Reply to
Joe.Winkler

I setup the target lines and it works but you have to set the forward to prime option if busy and set the prime to the ext also because if you set to give busy signal if busy the line rings busy everytime. These are fax machines. What am I missing?

Thanks

Reply to
Joe.Winkler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.