MICS 4.0 - Adding or initializing a POTS line into a loop trunk.

I'm a newbie; I hope I can accurately state my problem and environment.

I have an MICS 4.0 with four POTS lines configured as a loop type trunk and setup in a single pool. I need to physically add a line, which I can do, but I'm not sure how to let the ICS know the new line is physically connected.

My telco has provided me with the dial tone, so that's ready to go.

My phone system at one time had eight attached lines in pool A, and we downsized to four lines, so I know it's capable of handling more lines.

I've searched the news group and read a lot in the MICS installers manual, but the closest I can come to an answer is that I should power down the phone system, connect the phone line, and power up the system. My assumption is that the ICS will auto-detect the new line, and then I'd be able to configure it via the installer's password. Am I correct?

I've configured line properties in the past, so the menu system doesn't intimidate me. Recognition of a new line is the only area in which I'm currently stumped and unable to find an answer.

Thanks for reading this, and if you have an idea, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thanks so much!

-Sam

Reply to
SamW
Loading thread data ...

I found the answer in another forum:

The phone system doesn't even need to be powered down. I physically connected the incoming POTS line to my ICS, and since it's the fourth line, it was labeled line25 by the phone system. If I didn't have the extra module for the capability of an additional four lines, my solution would have been much more complicated.

Thanks!

-Sam

Reply to
SamW

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.