Meridian CLID not Always Correct

I have an Option 81 Rel 25, Iss 30 with PRI ISDN trunks in one group of

161 members. The problem is that when a call is made from the same phone and line to the outside world, the caller ID on the called phone (could be any phone) sometimes shows up as the correct NPA + NXX + DN, but many times it shows up as the trunk group number. I did a trace of the calling DN and when the correct CLID is displayed the only difference in the trace result is the following:

PDCA 1 PAD 0 6 PCML MU MU

I looked at individual channels and could not find any difference in the programming of the TN's. They are all in the same route, so it is not as routing issue. I am calling the same number each time, too.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

Ed

Reply to
Edward Chop
Loading thread data ...

I believe you will find the difference is actually in the key programming of the set. Print the TNB for the phone set that is having the problem and compare the DN Key programming to one that you know works. It should look something like this:

KEY 00 SCR 1234 0 MARP

The 0 after the DN is referencing a CLID entry. We have two CLID entries, one that shows the actual DN and another that broadcasts our main number. The idea behind having two is that some executives didn't want everyone they called to have access to their direct dial information. You can print the CLID programming in LD 21, and they are programmed in LD 15 if you need to find the prompt listings in the NTPs.

Hope that helps.

Edward Ch> I have an Option 81 Rel 25, Iss 30 with PRI ISDN trunks in one group of

Reply to
Bryan Hesters

Does your provider, support CLID on all the PRI's. are all the PRI's in the same dial-true number-range. Does it happen on random trunkmembers or only on the members from one PRI. Maybe the answers on the questions above wil leed you to the solution.

Pennyman

Reply to
Pennyman

1) Yes. At least they are supposed to. 2) I am trying to verify that, but there are a lot of trunks here. I'm thinking it may be certain PRI's.

Ed

Reply to
Edward Chop

Okay, here's an update. I set up a another phone at my desk to make test calls to my phone by calling out and back to my phone. I was consistently getting the correct CLID appearing on my display. However, I was still getting reports that the trunk group ID was appearing on some outgoing calls. I tried calling from another nearby phone and was consistently getting the incorrect CLID (Trunk ID). Both phones are programmed with the same CLID to send the correct extension number with DID. I couldn't find anything different between the two phones. The first phone had a TN of 28 0 12 0.The second one , a TN of 56 0 11 2. I changed the Tn of the first phone to 56 0 12 14. Now I am consistently getting the wrong CLID displayed on my phone (the called phone). Why would the loop make a difference.

We also upgraded to Succession 3.0, but that has not made a difference.

Reply to
Edward Chop

Is the CLID ever "partial" or is the name display sometimes missing letters. If so, it might be that the CLS of TDD (on the sets) is partly to blame. I turned on CLS TDD and phones stopped ringing, names were incomplete...known problem on some hardware. It was reported to be the controller cards. Maybe check yours to see if Loop

56 is a different vintage or could there be some unusually high traffic?.
Reply to
GHTROUT

Our vendor installed several patches that were not installed during original update. Problem fixed! Not sure what patch or patches did the trick.

Ed

Reply to
Edward Chop

Our vendor installed several patches that were not installed during original upgrade. Problem fixed! Not sure what patch or patches did the trick.

Ed

Reply to
Edward Chop

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.