M2008 - AutoDial - How to program?

I have a M2008 phone set. The set has no display. The set has no program button. The set has no instruction manual.

I need to program one of the buttons so that I can get access to voice mail.

The number I must dial is quite long:

31234 dials the message center 34321 identifies the mail box number 5555 is the password.

So I need to program something like

31234*34321#5555#

• is a pause so that there is a delay between dialing the message center and logging into the message center.

Possibly relevant to pausing - does M2008 use inband signally (like POTS) or out of band signally (like ISDN).

Thanks!

Reply to
kiselink
Loading thread data ...

First, to use the autodial feature, your system administrator has to program specific keys to be autodials. Normally, with a Nortel system, your "message center" will be either a Meridian Mail or a Call Pilot. Also it is normal to be assigned a Message Waiting Key, which does two things, blinks when you have a message and allows you to dial the Meridian Mail or Call Pilot DN directly. If it is set up properly, what you should be able to do, is hit an intercom key, then the Message Waiting Key, where you'll get to the Meridian Mail or Call Pilot prompts. If, in Meridian Mail or Call Pilot, the auto login is set, you can answer the "phone number?" prompt by simply pressing the pound (#) sign. If "auto password" is set to on, that's all you should have to do

-- (the "auto password" setting is normally *not* enabled).

Good luck. BTW, the M2008 is not ISDN or POTS, it's a proprietary system "terminal" (phone).

Reply to
RonB

Also..... Unless you go out on an analog trunk, * won't work as a pause after a call has been answered.... and even if you go out on an analog trunk, a # will dump the eod timer, so nothing after it will ever be dialed. As the first responder said, hopefully you are dealing with mermail, or Callpilot.... Then auto logon is the way to go.

Reply to
Bob

I need to follow up and see if there is a system administrator. If the keys need to be programmed - is that done in the PBX or in the terminal? When a button is touched on an ISDN set, the terminal transmits the button number (i.e., feature key activator id) to the switch. The switch then looks into its database to see how the terminal is configured. Thus the switch gives meaning to the button (as opposed to the terminal storing the telephone number to be called upon touching the button).

Perhaps revealing is the following:

I programmed one button as 31234. I programmed another button as 31234#5555#

Thus I get to the message center in a single tounch and into my mail box in a second touch. So # is getting through to the message center.

To program the button, you do the following: a) With handset resting in its cradle, touch the button b) The little (non-text) display next to the button begins to flicker. c) enter the number d) touch the button again and blinking stops

However, when I enter the full number the folloiwng happens:

c) I enter 31234*31234#5555# d) touch the button and "double" blinking occurs. e) touch again and blinking stops.

Why would it double blink? Perhaps an error indicator?

Reply to
kiselink

There is no display on this phone. I believe some models of M2008 have displays.

If, in Meridian Mail or Call Pilot, the auto login is set, you

Reply to
kiselink

So you've already got autodial keys programmed. What may be happening is that the keys are programmed for 16 characters ("ADL 16" in programming) and can't take that 17th character. If possible, ask your PBX administrator to program the keys as autodial 20 (Key xx ADL 20).

Reply to
RonB

Yes they do. You didn't mention what your "message center" is -- is it a Meridian Mail or Call Pilot?

Reply to
RonB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.