M-7324 with Key Lamp Module

What is the trick to make 2 KLM's work with the M7324? Do they need to be the same firmware Rev.?

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Assuming you have a power adapter attached to them.

Unplug from wall jack, whilst the KLMs are flashing press the bottom two right buttons and the bottom two left buttons on each KLM (a total of four buttons on each KLM.) If done correctly, you should see the indicators go ON and OFF sequentionally.

Reply to
Dan J. Rudiak

Thanks for the reply.

By power adapter, do you mean some sort of DC power injector similar to what you need to make POE (Power Over Ethernet) devices work?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Yep... If memory serves me well, it is a 24VDC convertor and it goes on the Orange and Green pairs. It can be mount either under the desk and wire into the jack or back in the wiring closet.

Reply to
Dan J. Rudiak

You would figure that the Nortel-trained reps selling me this stuff would know this, eh?

Thanks again,

Rob

Reply to
Rob

You might think that, but the KLM isn't a heavily used item, so some of the nuances of its installation and operation aren't always remembered.

I only remember 'cause I spent almost ten years at Nortel supporting the product line...

Reply to
Dan J. Rudiak

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.