Looking for recommendations

I have to get a phone system installed at a new facility. I have an ISDN PRI coming in. I will have 14-15 voice stations, plus 8 analog devices.

The vendor I am working with is proposing a BCM50 with 32 station media bay module, and either:

BCM digital trunk media bay module,

or

GATM8 analog trunk module.

I don't have a need for anything fancy, just basic features and voicemail.

I don't anticipate we will grow. If anything, we might lose one or two stations and a couple of analog devices.

Does this sound right, or is there a system that is a better fit that I should ask about?

And if you have any insight regarding price, I'd be interested in that, too.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
mike
Loading thread data ...

I'm thinking a basic 0x32 with an 0x8 analog mod and Call Pilot 100 would be more cost friendly.

Reply to
John 807

Often a BCM is more "cost friently" than the MICS. When you consider all the additional benifits of the BCM, it is a easy decision.

You will want to go with the digital trunk module for your PRI.

Do the try-n-buy with the unified messaging - it's VERY nice... and cheap.

Last, if you're in Minnesota, let me know - I'd love to bid on the project :-)

-Steve

Reply to
Nortec in MN

I would go with the BCM 50 as well, Nortel just announced a new PRI discount program

see :

formatting link
also sending your requirements out to bid may be beneficial as well check
formatting link
Good Luck

Reply to
3z3k3l

I would go with the BCM 50 also but I would try to get by with just the core if possible.

The core module of the bcm 50 will support 12 digital sets , 4 analog sets/devices and 4 analog trunks. If you can reduce personnel enough to make this work it would be more cost effective, especially seeing as you are expecting this site to reduce in size.

Other wise you will need an expansion module for the 16+ or 32+ Digital station Module. You will also need an expansion module for the Digital Trunk Module to support the PRI trunks.

Standard practice is to use a 2:1 or 4:1 set to trunk ratio, this would mean

4 to 8 trunks would allow for ample traffic for this location allowing you to easily split a T-1 for data and voice use. 8 ch for voice and 8 ch for Data is a common setup.

formatting link

Reply to
XBarNone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.