Line status is busy

I am working with a MICS, with Call Pilot, with 6 LS/DS trunk lines (Lines 1 thru 32). For some reason lines 4 and 31 will occassionally appear busy on all sets, when no one is using the lines. The status of the trunk is "In Use" and "Busy." The only way to clear them is to disable the module and then re-enable it. The trunks will work fine for a few weeks and then the problem will re-appear. Does anyone have any ideas what is happening here?

Reply to
Amiller
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like the lines are stuck in half disconnect. I'd start by enabling enhanced trace on those two members. Then, when you discover the lines are 'in use,' consult your trace output. See if they were inbound calls or outbound calls or if there's a pattern in the called/calling #, etc.

Reply to
j0ckg33k

Check the lines programming and make sure disconnect is set to supervised out of the box by default they are set to unsupervised. I'm guessing you are using LS/DS cards.

Reply to
John

I will definitely check the line config. The system has been installed for over two years, therefore I assumed that everything was configured properly. Oops!

Reply to
Amiller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.