Joining two bcm's together to act as one using VOIP.

Hi

I require to join 2 BCM 1000's on two sites together so that dialling any extention on site 1 will connect to any extention on site 2. In other words it just appears as one big exchange.

The best way to achieve this appears to be to use VOIP. However I'm not too certain about licensing. You can get a VOIP gateway licence. Presumably you need one for each exchange multiplied by the number of simultaneous calls across the VOIP link. Is this correct or am I misinterpreting the documentation.

Are there other ways of joining two exchanges together?

Thanks

Jeremy (Bullfrog)

Reply to
Bullfrog
Loading thread data ...

IP trunk key codes OR srg 4.0 key code. (SRG - Survivable Remote Gateway)

Reply to
XBarNone

Hi

Sorry I should have been more clear with my original question. How do you calculate the required number of trunk keycodes to install?

2 Trunk - NTAB3116 4 Trunk - NTKC0060 8 Trunk - NTKC0061 16 Trunk - NTKC0062 32 Trunk - NTKC0063

Am I required to purchase a keycode/licence per bcm and does the number of trunks equate to the number of simultaneous voice connections across the link.

So for instance if I require 2 extensions on BCM site A to be able to talk to 2 extentions on BCM site B i'll need a 2 trunk licence/keycode on both BCM A and BCM B, or am I picking up the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks again

Jeremy (Bullfrog)

Reply to
Bullfrog

Think of voip trunks the same as outside lines. You need as many as you want to have simultaneous calls. You can try-n-buy 2 from Nortel for 60 days free and see how it goes.

b

Reply to
bjsvec

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.