ISDN/PRI PSTN Provider /MICS Redicrection program ?

Hey guys I have a ISDN problem I'm hoping somebody could help me with

I've been getting a MICS connected to a PSTN provider through one PRI and the Cisco on the other. I've gotten almost all the issues resolved (thanks guys, X!). I'm not sure if my probem is Cisco related I suspect not, however I haven't had another ISDN device I could hook up the MICS and start making calls to see.

When I get a call from the PSTN and it matches a route/dest code on the MICS for the Cisco everything is fine, the call gets routed and there are no problems (except the CID. is there anyway to preserve this on the MICS when calls get routed ?). However when I make a call on the Cisco that matches a dest/route for the PSTN it just goes out the the PSTN (verified) and then the MICS redirects it to PRIME. However if the outgoing Cisco number matches a 9+DN it goes to that DN VIA the PSTN !!. Is it possible our PSTN is refusing calls with a redirection or one or higher ? (our provider is Bell Canada in OntarIo, Canada)

Thanks Adam

Reply to
adam.dickson
Loading thread data ...

I've been thinking about your problem for a few days now and there are a couple of things you could try.

The first thing I was thinking about was to "flag" your 9+ PTSN calls from the cisco as Public then go in to you MICS and create a Public Dial Plan of "9" and give it a 8 digit length. Next create a Public Dail Plan of "91" and give it a digit length of 12. (you may also have to adjust the Public Dial Plan Default up to 8 from 7)

You should flag all non +9 traffic as private this would allow the 7 digit target lines to be dialed directly and if possible you may even be able to set up digit insertion from the cisco so that people would only have to dial

4 or 5 digits to reach extentions on the MICS from the cisco.

The resoning behind this was that I am starting to wonder if private "flaged" calls are allowed to go out on Public defined routes.

Reply to
XBarNone

Thanks again for your help, yes I did try creating a differrent private and public route before . After snooping (alas I don't have a SMDR (anymore)) at the usage status in maintence and playing with the outgoing nunbers it looks like the MICS *IS* processing it and routing to the PSTN it then gets redirected *bacK* to prime (unless the number that's *going* to the PSTN matches a DN register to that PRI then it comes back like a normal incoming call). I suspect it's either a:)PSTN provider not letting calls with a redirection (or whatever the ISDN flag is called) with 1 or higher get completed b:)it appears the Cisco my default it's max direction to one however I haven't found out if it's relavent to my config. I've been trying to find the way to change it, but it won't let me reasigned the redirection default in the 'assigned' place

The MICS will let redirection go upto 5 right ??

Thanks again Adam

Reply to
adam.dickson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.