IP Phone 1120E / M1 61C 4.5

Hi gang, I have an "IP PHONE 1120E" that I am attempting to program and get running on our M1 61C running Succession 4.5.

I have no issues with the I2004 sets but for some reason I am getting nowhere with the 1120E. Can someone help me out? How do I program this set and have the M1 recognize it.

Thanks in advance

John Mitchell

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

If you mean that the switch won't accept 1120e as a type, that is correct. The 1120e is for all intents and purposes an i2002, and is programmed as such. The 1140e is programmed as an i2004.

While we are on the subject , has anyone else noticed the inability to adjust the ring on 1120e's? The ring is loud, and as you approach low ring volume, it gets really low. Turning it back up results in a sudden jump to loud volume, rather than what the volume steps would indicate. We're running c39 firmware. We've got around 700 of them that exhibit this problem.

Reply to
Bob

I can't even get to the setup screen on the 1120E to input TN and node ID. Is there a key sequence that I am missing? There seems to be nothing in the users manual or any online guides that I have found that tells me this.

Thx again...

John Mitchell

Reply to
John

BTW, This is the second set we have had shipped in. The first one we were told was defective. We had it replaced and there is no display at all on this set.... The back light comes on and that is it.

Reply to
John

The one with no display is broken. The others have to be configured with the SS IP address. They come set for full DHCP, and no voice VLAN. When you power it up, as soon as you hear the startup tone, and see Nortel on the screen, press the four buttons - left to right. In there, set the DHCP to partial - or no... depending - and set the Server IP, port, and VLAN if necessary. Depending on what FW came in the set, it may ask for a password. You'll have to get that from the manual. I can't give ANY passwords. Pressing services twice will let you see what the DHCP server gives it.

After you reboot it, it will ask for Node / PW (if set on the sig server) / TN.

Full DHCP is a great thing, but you need to configure your DHCP server properly. I kinda wish that VLAN was set to auto/dhcp out of the box, as "no" doesn't make sense given that the DHCP is configured for auto out of the box. That makes it necessary to mess with every telephone, and you could easily deal with the VLAN issue from the DHCP server.

Reply to
Bob

Hi John, I'm not sure as I've never seen an 1120e, but on the 1140e when the Nortel logo comes onto the screen you must press the 4 soft keys under the screen in order one at a time from left to right. Cheers and good luck.

Reply to
Renegade

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.