interesting call pilot quirk

Hi again,

I have made a few posts here over the last few weeks as I have had a few minutes here and there to work on my company's phone system. I reassigned a large number of DNs and rebuilt the mailboxes. Some mailboxes were not working properly (on login my coworkers were having to enter their mailbox number when the mailbox was assigned to their extension) so I have reset the CallPilot system, rebuilt my CCR tree and greeting tables, and made shiny new mailboxes for everyone.

However, now on login (Feature 981) we get "Nortel CallPilot" on the screen and a lady says "CallPilot from Nortel Networks", then prompts for the mailbox number.

I am sure this is just a setting - does anyone know how to change it?

Reply to
Nick
Loading thread data ...

Select NVM instead of Callpilot for Primary UI Style under CONFIGURATION - System Properties-

Also Check MAILBOX ADMINISTRATION - Class of Service. Check user interface style for each class of service. You want NVM.

Reply to
X-BarNone

The resoning behind this:

CallPilot can replace both Norstar or Startalk voicemail as well as Meridian mail.

If your users were used to Meridian mail you can set the User Interface Style as CallPilot and emulate the old Meridian Mailbox navigation style (ie

76 to delete, 83 to logoff ect.)

If your users were used to Startalk you can set the UIS to NVM (Norstar Voice Mail) and emulate that navigation style (ie 8 to delete, 4 to go back,

6 to go forward ect.)
Reply to
X-BarNone

thanks for the tip - this is exactly the problem. I remember selecting Callpilot during the installation.

I have been doing all the install though a phone interface though, and not on a laptop.. Is there any way to change this through the phone (other than another reset) or do I have to go find a crossover cable somewhere?

Reply to
Nick

Ok, so I spoke too soon. I found the config option under the "secret" #2 menu in the phone, but after changing it to NVM, deleting and recreating a mailbox, it was still acting like the Meridian mail system...

Anything else I should do?

Reply to
Nick

Reply to
X-BarNone

Crossover cable found! Web-based UI is a piece of cake! Everything works perfectly now!

Seriously, thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.