Inbound only MCR key

I have like 10 sets that needs to be able to recieve calls but not make any outbound calls ( internal outbound would be ok, but not required.) The problem becomes that These sets have 3 keys programed two scr/mcr on key 0 and 1. So I only want key 2 which is an mcr to be blocked from making outbound calls. key 0 and 1 should still be able to make outbound calls.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Swamy

Reply to
swamyg
Loading thread data ...

It makes no logical sense to block 1 key even if you could, which you can't.

swamyg wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

Ace speaks the facts - no way to stop one key DN - the trestrictions of DNs apply to all DNs on the phone.

If the point is to restrict people from making that line appear busy so their phone won't ring, that leads me to think this MCR key is the "main number" for something. If so, there is another issue to consider: When an MCR DN is ringing - all of the appearances flash. Agreed? So, that means the line is in use/busy for the duration of the rings (4 sec on 2 sec off) 2 rings = line is busy for 12 seconds. If

40 calls per hour come in,, the line could appear busy 10% of period if the average response it to wait 2 rings to see if a co=worker will pick up..

The other issue is if you are staffed with 3 people, and have 10 MCRs. The 4th call is on the unmanned phones, invisible to the 3 on duty people.

To make a call center without ACD, take the minimum number of agents there could be, and thats the minimum number of SCRs in a row you might want to consider, then add a few MCRs on top of those assuming when it got that busy

Another neat way is with 2616 sets, put DN keys in a row on key

16,17,18 or whatever - but no physical AOM hardware. Turn on Distinctive Ring By DN and make those DNs ring uniquely. Then set up a RNP key they use to answer the DNs
Reply to
GHTROUT

You've been at this for a while, haven't you? Cool tip.

Reply to
RonB

I guess Im screwed, Have only 3903 sets and Im trying to set this up for like 30 people so No way are we buying 2616's. Oh well. Time to setup recording.

where"

Reply to
swamyg

What is it your trying to do?

Why don't you want key 2 MCR to make calls?

If your talking about recording calls on the phone, it does it on a phone basis not by Key.

swamyg wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

Yesswamy, please tell us what your mission is. Plus "like 30 people" will work OK on the :large systems if your TNs are placed evenly throughout the switch - but 30 is the limit for the number of "same DN KEYs" ......Unless you have the "small" Option 11 sized system, then I think its 16 apearances?

As for recording, I have been having a lot of success and a number of requests for the boxes we get from Algo

formatting link
I have not tried the big box but it if takes after the small units it is probably pretty cool - I am pretty sure Algo makes quite a few products that get branded Nortel - not sure which... Interesting product line.

acewarlock wrote:

Reply to
GHTROUT

A guy in my office bumped into this issue. Max appearances for SCR or SCN is 32, Max appearances for MCR or MCN is 16 on all systems Opt11C mini through 81C.

Reply to
NYCPhoneGuy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.