i2002 DHCP issue

I have a troublesome i2002 handset. If i manually enter all the S1 settings etc, it can connect without a problem, but it won't from a DHCP, partial or full. If i enter it all manually and then go and view the "Server Info" under telephone options, it is displaying my DHCP address as 255.255.255.255, on other handsets it is the correct value of 10.1.0.10.

How can I set this manually ??

I am at my wits end.

MJW

Reply to
markjwigham
Loading thread data ...

It seems to me normal that when you set the ip manualy, that the ip-adres for the dhcp-server is 255.255.255.255 A dchcp request is broadcast. Only after an answer from the dhcp-server to the mac-adres of the set, the set knows the ip-adres from the dhcp-server. The question here, is your set on the same physical lan as your dhcp-server, or is it behind a router that blocks the broadcast. Try to sniffer what happens on the lan, does your set send an dhcp-request, does it get an answer from the dhcp-server. Check if the dhcp-server gives an error in the log for that request. Do you use V-lan ?

I hope you find your problem.

Pennyman

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Pennyman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.