I need some info

Hi everybody

I need to know what are the Meridian 1 system options where I can place the following products:

Tone Detector (Code NT5K48AC) FALC NMW (Code NT5K96TA) Superloop Network Card (Code NT8D04BA)

and these phones

M2008 Standard Business Phone (Code NT2K08GA-93) M2616 Performance Plus Phone (Code NT2K16ZA-93)

Can I place all these parts on the Option11C ? Elsewhere what are the solutions?

Please help me.

Thanks

Fab

Reply to
fabr1z10
Loading thread data ...

The phones will definitely work without any problems. I'm not sure about the cards you listed (or what they're for) so I'd rather not comment on those.

~ Michael

Reply to
Michael Andrews

Ok Thanks. But what are the differencies between the several version of Meridian

1? (Option 11, Option21, Option51, Option61, Option81).

I have found the SUPERLOOP CARD included in 61/81 Versions. Where I can find some simple and direct information about this?

Thanks again

Fab

Reply to
fabr1z10

Are you looking to put this in a new system?

You can't purchase a new 51C anymore.

You can also check the Nortel Portal

formatting link
can download info on each system.

fabr1z10 wrote:

Reply to
3z3k3l

"fabr1z10" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

the NT5K48 (tone detector for analogue sets) and the nt5k96 (analogue line card 16 ports) can be placed in a IPE-slot of your 51C. the superloop network card nt8d04 fits in network slot 0 or 4 of your corenet module

Reply to
Hans Müller

In Option 11C you can use the Tone Detector and FALC for analogue phones. The superloop card is for large systems (ie 51C upwards) only.

The phones will be OK.

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Use the Phones

Sell the rest on Ebay you don't want them unless you own an SL-1, Op 21, or Op51 switch.

The FALC may even be a 10 port card. it was for analog phones on old SL-1 and op 21 switches.

The tone detector, also old tech., has been replaced by digitone Receiver cards or DTR. This resource is built in to the Op11 Core Processor card, there are 16 of them in 2 banks of 8 on TN 0 (0-7 & 8-15). This is the resource that turns DTMF tones into data that the switch can understand.

The Super loop card is still current but only applies to OP 61 and 81 switches. It is sometimes referred to as an extended network card it supports 4 loops as opposed to the old QPC414 cards that support only 2 loops therefore the next slot position after a superloop card is usually empty.

Reply to
XBarNone

I guess I wasn't very clear since you restate exactly what I was trying to say.

as for the 10 port card I have to differ. I have worked on a switch with old

10 port cards, although come to think of it I believe they were digital line cards not analog.
Reply to
XBarNone

"XBarNone" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LuH%e.14317$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net...

or a 61C, 81C, CS1000M HG SG MG, CS1000E, CS1000S

definitely not, it's not old and it's a 16 port card, there were no 10 port cards

no again

This resource is built in to the Op11 Core Processor card,

wouldn't help on the 51C

Reply to
Hans Müller

"XBarNone" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LsW%e.547$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net...

I can't restate, what you are probably thinking, didn't like that old tech stuff

no again, there was no 10port digital line card, but an 8 port (qpc578)

Reply to
Hans Müller

Now I have seen another device, with code NT6G57BA-98, described as "Operation Post".

Please may I use this device e.g. with 51C? Or what is the Option required for this specific device?

Thanks again

Fab

Reply to
fabr1z10

"fabr1z10" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

seems to be the code for a CIU (Console Interface Unit). It's an interface unit between two digital ports and a PC with a PC-Console SW installed. No problem to use with an 51C

Reply to
Hans Müller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.